We are looking for more superstars!
A word from our Managing Director Antonia Beauvoisin Brown (in July 2021)
" I set up KidooLand in 2007 with a few tables and chairs and a lesson plan. Now 14 years later we work from 3 premises the Annexe, The Loft and the Village in several locations so Vallauris, Villeneuve Loubet and sometimes Valbonne..
This is only possible thanks to our strong experienced and fun team of over 20 people who are focused on giving our little clients the best introduction and pathway to learning and loving English.
Through the pandemic we have worked hard to support each other, adapt through the changing protocols and keep a smile even if it's behind a mask.
The Leadership team have been focused on team welfare with a free weekly Pilates classes online, nutritional workshops , LoveFest, Christmas parties (on zoom of course!) and other little moments to hopefully bring some cheer.
What's it like working at KidooLand ? Sian shares her journey here from how her CV was missed first time around .. to becoming our Branch Manager.
Working in education, we have certainly been put through our paces during the pandemic but what the last 18 months have shown me is how resilient we are, how working as a team has given us all well needed support , drive and laughter (and yes a few tears) to get through it but above all that we provide a service that parents keep signing up for.
Is education a good field to be in ?
Parents could not wait for us to open back up and in fact in the last 12 months we only had to close for 2 weeks and many classes for September sold out 6 months before they started. This means for the right person, the work is available right now.
We also found that due to our Training centre status we were not forced to close our doors much during the pandemic. This gave us all a nice "normal" through a rocky period.
What qualifications do I need to work with you ?
Diplomas and experience certainly catch our eye on an application. TEFL / CELTA / Montessori / PGCE are all certificates we look for.
We are also looking for that bit of fairy dust too.
Some of our best English teachers have come from non traditional routes like performing arts, speech therapy, mechanical engineering and even an optician. TEFL and CELTA are all great to have, but what's essential is a passion to engage and motivate a child, the ability to use your voice without raising it to capture the children's attention, the creative know how to transform a cardboard box into something magical, to be a pinterest fan for science and lego challenges .
. All those things that they don't teach in "Teacher School" but they are what make the difference and what help to truly engage a child to learn. Some current team members started with us and trained alongside us and then completed diplomas along the way.
What is KidooLand's future looking like?
I've been managing the company since I set it up 14 years ago along raising my children who are now
teenagers. I feel it's really in the last 5 years as my children got older that I was really able to put
workable repeatable processes into place, open up the new locations and bring on new team members
and train them so that they find the role as easy as possible. I think that right now, mid pandemic,
we are truly in our best shape.
So now we find ourselves with a solid, experienced and happy team .. ready to add to the team but also aware we need to find that rare unicorn who embraces our interactive and fun philosophy, is ready to take action while keeping their attention on the detail.
Our next team member will be joining a fast moving but supportive environment where we encourage everyone to think like a leader, where everyone's contribution is valued, where you can be part of something that is having a genuine impact on other people's lives.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and hope that the successful candidate will see that KidooLand is and wants to be a diverse place to hang out and one that is nurturing and supportive. You can also learn more about what it's like to work with us from our current team members via our various social media channels
Due to life changes and a large team it is inevitable that we need to back fill roles as people move on. We are also looking at expanding in the future and so we are looking now for the right candidates to grow the team.
So we would say make sure you apply now so that you are on our radar. If you get a positive response back from us, it's worth checking in again once a quarter. Read on to see if we are going to be a match.
On our side we put communication tools into place to support you through the first 30, 60 and 90 days .. and beyond.
The great match for us is a team player, who listens and reacts, who can think like a Leader , who wants their classroom to be a positive and interactive learning space.
A native level of English is of course essential. A good level of French would be a great plus, in order to be able to communicate easily with parents, but is not essential.
Here's what you should be able to do...
- Plan & run creative and interactive English lessons using a variety of different activities (arts & crafts, music, cookery, science, history & geography workshops) and homework. You do not need to be an expert in all domains but you do need to be comfortable running sessions like this.
Our weekly classes all have workbooks and teacher plans detailed for the school year. This greatly reduces down any planning needed for sessions.
We also provide lots of links and resources for teachers to ensure that planning time takes as little of their time as possible while maintaining the quality.
- Think - how do my children learn ? Make sure your lesson plans support all learning styles. We are not about the teacher standing in front of a class lecturing! We are about reading the room, and making sure we tailor our teaching practices and methods to the needs of the group so that sessions are accessible to everyone there!
- Communicate with parents. The children often say "I just played" we want parents to understand all the thought and planning you put in before hand and the linguistic pathway the children are on.
- Be passionate about positive education. We are looking for someone who actually enjoys education even in their down time. Someone who goes around in their day to day and instinctively is thinking oh wow that cardboard box could be perfect in my next art project or sees a programme on Netflix and thinks this would be a great clip to show as an example in my science project. Basically you will fit in if education is in your DNA.
- Want to be part of a supportive team? We have a vibrant WhatsApp community for the team where we share top tips, new language teaching methods and just have a little bit of fun. We also share resources in our Team Facebook group and Trello boards.
- Great teachers are also punctual, organised, considered, calm in a crisis and keep a tidy classroom (consistent with health and safety standards).
- The ability to teach in the classroom and online is essential but we can provide training here.
Read on to learn more about our availabilities and the application process.
We hope to hear from you soon.
Antonia & her KidooTeam.
OPEN - STARTS NOV 21
JOB DESCRIPTION: ENGLISH TEACHER (Saturday Mornings)
(Children aged 7-8 years)
We have a teacher reducing her hours a little from October. So from November 2021 we are looking to cover their Saturday mornings 10h-12h.
This is for a nice established group. The children have a book and plans to go with their weekly work. You would have freedom to decide on what fun activities you would like to organise in compliment to the scheduled book work.
This is a great way to get into our team and to build up with more hours if you like e.g. Wednesdays, school holidays or adult teaching Mon-Fri.
Please note for Vallauris you will ideally have a car and live in the surrounding area
From 25 euros per contact hour on AE basis + depending on qualifications and experience
++ Communications package for parent communications / evaluations etc
++ Free team Pilates lesson each week (on zoom during term time)
++ Great onboarding process plus online teacher training programme.
APPLY TO JOIN OUR TEAM
STEP 2 - Once you have completed the form you will be invited to show us the personality behind your written form .. and send a short (less than 5 minute ) video using www.wetransfer.com
Include a 1 minute bio on background, qualifications and how you got to become a teacher
The other 3-4 minutes are how you tell us why kids would love to be taught by you .. what methods do you use .. it's your moment to shine.
Please note we only share this video with the Leadership team. It remains completely confidential so please don't be shy :-)
Successful shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview via a zoom conference call initially.
We then invite you in to meet the team .. join in a session and see if you like what we see and whether we all feel it would be a good fit.
CLOSED - THANKS TO ALL WHO APPLIED
JOB DESCRIPTION: PART TIME (15h/wk +/-)
ENGLISH TEACHER & ADMIN ASSISTANT
(Children aged 4 – 12 years)
For September 2021 we are looking for a teacher for our Vallauris centre to cover:
- Wednesday all day (9h30 - 17h)
- Saturday mornings (10h-12h)
- School holidays (4-6 weeks full-time)
- Administration, teaching and marketing support (6-8h/wk)
Please note for Vallauris you will ideally have a car and live in the surrounding area.
According to experience and whether you are an AutoEntrepreneur or not.
Experience will have a big impact on the starting rate.
KidooLand's Recruitment Policy
KidooLand prides itself on being an equal opportunities employer and complies with relevant employment legislation in order to ensure that its recruitment process is fair, open and transparent. KidooLand welcomes applicants of all nationalities, religions, races, ages, sexual orientations, gender, disability, marital and family status. KidooLand’s primary concern is always finding the best individual for the job!
Please note that KidooLand is a provider of first-class English education so all candidates for teaching roles must have native level written and spoken English.
All applicants must already have in place the relevant visas, permits and permissions to live and work in France.
All the personal information received from applicants is dealt with in the strictest confidence. All CVs are reviewed and when a suitable position becomes available, we would then contact you for an interview.
Security is important to us. To move dossiers forward quickly, please ensure you bring the following documentation to your interview:
• Casier judicaire or CRB
• 2x professional references, one of which must be related to the world of children/childcare (that we can call).
• Photo ID (please bring both a photocopy and the original).
• Relevant professional certificates for the role being applied for (e.g. teaching, 1st aid etc. Photocopies are acceptable.).
• Titre de séjour/Visa for non-EU (including British) citizens (please bring both a photocopy and the original).
• Copy of Carte Vitale, mutuelle (health insurance) and ideally knowledge of your vaccination records and/or a vaccination certificate.
• Autoentrepreneurs should have proof of their SIRET number for the partnership agreement (eg. A copy of the most recent URSSAF attestation de vigilance).
L'équipe de KidooLand est constituée d’hommes et de femmes, différents les uns des autres par leurs origines socio-culturelles et religieuses, leur âge, sexe etc… L’acceptation de chacun (enfant ou adulte) et l’ouverture de l’esprit constituent notre force. Nous nous enrichissons en accueillant, au sein de notre communauté, des personnes avec des expériences diverses et des idées variées.
Il est essentiel pour nous de pouvoir enseigner ce principe fondamental de la diversité et de la tolérance aux enfants qui viennent à KidooLand car eux aussi en font partis.
La diversité c’est vous et nous, Together.